Image

Image
"Life always offers you a second chance, it's called tomorrow...the past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased...it can only be accepted."

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

If you can't find the good...BE the good


Last September the women in my family went to Put in Bay for a weekend. This picture was taken on a beach my father used to take me to as a child. It was an emotional time for me as it had been about a year since his death...and it was the first time I'd been back to the island. My two little cousins have been more like little sisters to me as our family is so close...and they made the journey out with my mom and I. 


This past weekend we went to a local beach and recreated the picture out on the break wall in the middle of the lake. A place he used to take me by boat so I could jump off the lighthouse and swim. It's hard to believe that it has been almost 2 years since he died...but it's even harder to believe how far I've come since then. 


I struggle sometimes with not being able to have children. I find myself blaming myself and feeling sorry for myself. But lately I've realized that if I never have my own child...I may be okay with it. Maybe my job isn't to produce more kids for this world...maybe my job is to influence someone else's. Like the three below. Our family grows every day in different ways...and for now there are at least a few littles that look up to me and that I love unconditionally. 


It doesn't matter how we're related. They've stolen my heart, and they've wrapped me around their fingers. 

Love you girls <3

No comments:

Post a Comment