Image

Image
"Life always offers you a second chance, it's called tomorrow...the past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased...it can only be accepted."

Thursday, January 8, 2015

If you give up I will be forced to kick you (metaphorically speaking)

There is a saying that I have always struggled with. A lot of people say it, and most of them truly believe it. I want to believe it...and I try to...but I definitely struggle with it to this day.

This too shall pass.

It's a very simple saying really...and a very basic concept. Something that a friend is currently going through is what reminded me of this saying. I wanted to send it to her...to help her keep in mind that whatever we're going through will one day be just a distant memory.

I remember sitting in absolute despair so many times in my life. Frustration, anger, hurt, and sometimes fury would consume me...and I would find myself working myself up to a point of no return. All I could think was "no way in hell this will ever get better"...and heaven forbid someone tell me that one day things would turn around. It was all I could do to keep from punching them in the mouth. 

But as much as I hate to admit being wrong...I was wrong. 

Things have turned around. Opportunities are literally around every corner if you pay enough attention. 

I don't fall for the "poor me I can't fix this" routine. I get SO frustrated with people who let themselves sit in a bad cycle because they're (quite frankly) just too lazy to do something about it. I don't have pity for those who choose not to help themselves.

That being said...it's amazing what can happen when you fight to pull yourself out of a situation. Things really do pass...and then turn around. 

I remember thinking once "well what else can happen...I'm officially at rock bottom." I was actually happy that I had hit bottom, because I figured the only way to go was up. (For the record I was totally wrong...but that is besides the point). 

Things did go up finally. Then up further. And then past any point of happiness I had ever had.

So to all those I love, and all those who read this blog (which are all one and the same)...
Always remember...this too shall pass.

And if it doesn't seem to be passing...hold on a little longer. My mom told me once to take something day by day...if that was too much then hour by hour...all the way down to minute by minute.

There is no shame in being overwhelmed, scared, or at rock bottom. Don't give up...I don't want to have to kick you.

Do what you can. Push just a little longer. And shoot me a message if you need help. 

That's kinda why I'm here...

1 comment: