Image

Image
"Life always offers you a second chance, it's called tomorrow...the past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased...it can only be accepted."

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Father's Day got a new meaning this year

Clearly Father's Day is not an easy day for me. Never has been and since he died it's only gotten worse. In the last few years it has gotten a bit easier as I have been able to celebrate my other half and the awesome father that he is.

But this year it got a new meaning. One I never thought would be possible. This year...I got to make my other half a father again.

The girl who was told she wouldn't have children...the eternal skeptic...is having a baby. January 13th, 2016...exactly 5 years to the day after I had my first devastating pregnancy loss.

I was sure I would never have a child unless through adoption. But God had other plans. Other amazing and beautiful plans.

So Happy Father's Day (and happy early birthday) to a man who is about to be a daddy to 2. Thanks for giving me a reason to celebrate this day.




No comments:

Post a Comment