Image

Image
"Life always offers you a second chance, it's called tomorrow...the past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased...it can only be accepted."

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Living in calm

This is going to be short and sweet.

Tonight I had coffee with a friend who needed someone to talk to. I think we all forget too quickly that there are so many other people out there that need a sounding board...and that are dealing with similar situations. It's nice to remember that we aren't alone. And I speak for myself as well when I say that.

Anyways...I didn't get home until after 8 pm. And when I did...

Dishes were done
Laundry was running
Floors were swept
One child was ready for bed
Homework was done

The house was calm.

It reminded me of the simple things...and how lucky I am to have the marriage partnership that I do. It's not about the big gestures...it's about being able to take time for myself and others...and not worry about my home or kids. It's about having a long day and coming home to peace.

I spent half of my life living in chaos...and I will never take that serenity (or the man behind it) for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment