Image

Image
"Life always offers you a second chance, it's called tomorrow...the past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased...it can only be accepted."

Monday, October 2, 2017

"Never miss a Monday"

There is no other phrase that irritates me more than..."never miss a Monday."

Usually because I see it used by online "inspirational coaches" that are really just guilting you into the fact that you didn't do your workout or you let another day go by not being Facebook perfect.

But here's the deal...I am a TERRIBLE mother/person/business owner/wife on Mondays. No seriously, I'm terrible. I am usually trying to pick up the pieces from the weekend, I'm working from home with a tantrum throwing toddler, and I barely move from the couch or wherever my work phone is.

I suck on Mondays. Today...Emma wore her pajamas all day until she covered herself in chili at dinner and I wiped her down just to put on another pair of pajamas. We didn't leave the house. I didn't work out. I ate whatever I wanted to and didn't brush my hair. I was entirely too tired to do anything to be honest...and by the time Emma went to bed, I had enough energy left for work or for a shower.

Part of that is my overall health. If you don't get it...lucky you. But until you've experienced this kind of exhaustion that you can't control...stop guilt tripping people for doing all that they can to get by.

Back to my original point. I have decided that I won't "miss a Monday" anymore. But I don't mean I will make sure my week is off to the *perfect* start. I mean...I will worry about self care on Mondays. I will never miss time feeling terrible because Monday didn't work out the way that I wanted it to. And I will start over on Tuesday. I will accept that Mondays suck around here for now and that not one person behind the endless inspirational quotes on Facebook is admitting their shortcomings. Life isn't that easy...ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment