Image

Image
"Life always offers you a second chance, it's called tomorrow...the past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased...it can only be accepted."

Monday, June 23, 2014

It's Superman's birthday

32 years ago something really huge happened in my life...and I wasn't even born yet. 32 years ago my other half was born. The most amazing, beautiful man I've ever met came into this world and started causing chaos (I'm sure from day 1).

Nick is my rock. He is my best friend, the true "other half" of me. He is my protector, even when I'm too stubborn to admit that I could use protecting. He is my voice of reason when I completely lose my sanity. He is my calming force when my head is spinning off in circles. Other than my family, he is the only person in my life that supports everything I do, and always has my best interest at heart. He puts everyone else first. His family, his daughter, his friends...me...he works himself harder than anyone else I know...just to make sure other people are taken care of.

June 24th...this world gained an angel. I gained a best friend, and someone to build a life with. His daughter and hopefully our future children gained one of the best fathers in this world.

Words really can't say how special and perfect he is to me. In a strange way he saved my life 2 years ago. He rebuilt my confidence, and taught me how to be loved by someone in a healthy way. He showed me that someone can have a crazy past...and change their life when the time is right. He taught me how to laugh again...and always seems to know when I need a 3 am giggle fight. Or to talk his ear off...and goodness gracious does that poor man have to listen to me sometimes...

Sometimes life has this strange plan...and it plans things extremely far in advance. In my case...it started planning 32 years ago when Superman was born.

But now...Superman lives at my house. Happy Birthday handsome. I adore you more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment