Image

Image
"Life always offers you a second chance, it's called tomorrow...the past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased...it can only be accepted."

Monday, November 2, 2015

Survivors

So last week I had the pleasure of finding a Facebook post of "cardboard confessions" of domestic violence survivors detailing some of their struggles. They were touching, shocking, and brave.

I was able to contact the wonderful photographer and then all of these amazing people who participated. The post went viral in one day, reaching millions of people. I decided that this is exactly what this blog is meant to highlight. The horrible things that happen to innocent people...and the recovery process.

I asked if I could use their photos and stories and a few agreed. Keep an eye out as I will soon post all of their photos (of those who agreed to participate)...and then I will be doing a weekly showcase on each of them...giving them a chance to further explain their story and recovery.

These are amazing men and women. Strong and badass men and women. It takes a lot to do what they are doing...but it's about time we broke the silence once and for all.

For all those who plan on leaving hateful comments...don't bother as they will be deleted. Don't waste your time...go educate yourselves instead. These things happen...be a part of the solution instead of the problem!

I will also have the photographers information on the following posts. Beautiful photos and talented woman! Looking forward to see her next project which is rumored to focus on PTSD. Which any of my readers knows...I will be on like white on rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment