Transcripts
Clearly, it’s been a minute since I got anything on “paper” to post. But things are finally settling-ish…and I wanted to revisit something. Maybe I'm dwelling on it...but it is something that hits me in my soul.
My planned post for today was supposed to be revisiting the
gremlins and government spies (you can find that here)…but
it changed quickly when I started rereading some of the police reports/transcripts looking for details.
Ironically, what I actually felt pushed to write…follows right
in the path of the last few posts...and not at all in line with what I planned.
I have said before, and you will hear it again…
That sounded harsh, I know. But let me clear…I understand the dynamic in the deepest part of my gut.
I am a mother, and I am a step mother.
If I had to choose between my step daughter and my biological children…I
couldn’t do it.
It would be no different than asking me to choose between my five
bio kids.
They are all mine.
Period.
They are all equally entitled to my protection
and love.
In fact…my step daughter existed before my biological kids did…
she
has had my heart longer than they have.
So.
Back then…I’m not sure I fully understand what they were going through.
And maybe now I should be a little more patient about it…maybe I
should give more grace or consideration for the situations they were in.
However…
I was the only victim without a choice.
My mother fought like a lion for 15 years.
Her entire family
fought for me.
Parts of my father’s family fought against him for my benefit.
The women I'm referring to...
They chose when they wanted to be with him. They chose when they wanted to be rid of him. They chose whether I was convenient or not.
And to be
honest…over 20 years later…it makes me angrier now than it did then.
Because I
am a mother, and I am a step mother.
Quite frankly...their behavior as a parent of any kind...is appalling.
Women came
into my father's life frequently and prioritized him over me...nearly every time (there is one
woman that is an exception to that statement…but unfortunately for me she left
him when I was 9-10 years old).
But as healed as I am...I'm still a petty girl...and one that is determined to unearth all of the skeletons in hopes that shaming will require people to be BETTER when it comes to kids.
I fully intend to show every record I can get my hands on.
So...
In honor of those that clearly had no intention of being an
actual parent to me…I give you…
The transcripts.
These conversations are edited to remove names etc...but they are between "step mom 2" (the one in my last post)...and my father. It was recorded phone calls over a few months. She references my mother Tricia...and then also my sister's mother (which will be blacked out). All other kid names will also be blacked out. I intend to create a post soon to help navigate who is who going forward.
These ones specifically are the day or so after he attacked
her in our driveway. While she carried her son to the car…and I was in the
house. He was arrested, and my mother was called to come get me in the middle
of the night. (I believe when he said “meet Katharine” it was supposed to be “keep
Katharine” for clarification sake).
![]()
Tricia (my mom for anyone new here) would feed into what
exactly? Protecting her child…from a man that is abusing his live in girlfriend
in front of children…and doing a multitude of drugs…?
The window she crawled through because the stove was on…in a
house that I lived in. Was there a call to the police? Not that I’ve found. Did
she tell my mother to help protect me in the future? Obviously not.
Let's continue...
![]()
That blacked out name? One of my other step mothers, the
mother of my sister. The one who was currently in court with him over custody
to protect my sister.
“Well she won’t find this out.”
She…what?
Let me get this straight. He was abusing her. He put all the kids at risk. He admitted to
being high out of his mind on a painful amount of drugs…and she still fully intended to hide this information (that SHE was actually recording) from the mother of one of his other children...
So to be clear…now it’s not just me she didn't give a rat’s
ass about…it’s also another child that he hasn’t seen in years…
These are only a few of I’m sure hundreds that exist.
But they make my skin crawl.
My father was actively admitting to doing an entire
pharmacy of drugs with me in the house, losing his control and hurting me,
hurting her (his fiancé at the time), putting other children in danger (her
son)…and then if that wasn’t enough…
HE WAS TALKING ABOUT STILL TRYING TO PICK ME UP…
From my mother, who had to come get me from his house
because the police had arrested him for attacking this woman.
He is actively discussing picking me up, after both discussing
how my mother is somehow an issue…
WHILE THIS GROWN WOMAN…THIS MOTHER…
Is hiding that he is actively on crack cocaine, oxy,
morphine, pot…etc…
But he is discussing trying to come pick me up.
And they…
are discussing…
socks.
Someone make it make sense.
Please.
Because I can’t…even 21 years later.
![]()
Not going to put the child through it?
Which one exactly? Oh
right.
Only yours.
The other one that lives there and has been in hell for 14 years?
Collateral damage.
Oh wait.
One more fun detail.
These transcripts were before we moved into the new house.
The last post on this blog https://therecoveringskeptic.blogspot.com/2026/06/master-of-manipulation.html
were at the house we moved into AFTER these conversations.
So if you happened to read that last post…just know that
even after these transcripts…I was still the problem.
But just to clarify after years of therapy and work on myself:
If you read this and feel defensive…you’re the problem.
If you read this and don’t believe me…you’re the problem.
If you read this and are mad at me…you’re the problem.
If you read this and think I shouldn't be posting all of this...you're the problem.
I simply don't give a shit.
Silence is abuse's best friend.
While it was 20 years ago...it happened and no one ever truly had to deal with the full aftermath...
Except me.
(***Note added for all those that were there for me and worked so hard to help me...they were also all victims to the aftermath...and I recognize that truly. But in this situation I am only speaking for myself as a kid that had zero choices).
Comments
Post a Comment